Wednesday, May 11, 2011

13 months & many milestones!

Jack turned 13 months, on May 5th! Yes, I realize that the month of May is basically over but things have been busy!

To start, at Jacks one year well-check we were advised that he no longer needed to be on formula, and that he should also no longer be drinking out of a bottle. After this visit within about 3 weeks I had Jack completely off formula, and he now gets about 16 oz of whole milk each day. His other main beverage is water, and he loves both now! The bottle on the other hand has been a much slower process. Jack has been on a bottle since his second day of life, and so I figure (unlike breastfed baby's where once the breast milk is gone, there is no more need to suck) the bottle is a little different. Jack will get there, I am not worried. The last milestone we have been working on is walking! Jack can walk, and run while holding my hands, but let go of them, and I get yelled at!! He has taken a few steps on his own, a few times, but we have a ways to go still. Again, he will walk when he is ready, and feels confident!

Now onto some other crazy happens of lately. Just about every morning after my run, Jack and I play outside for about 45 minutes. This allows him to get some exercise in and, play outside before the temps heat up to a very uncomfortable level. On one morning while we were outside, Jack was playing just outside the garage, pushing his truck around. After a little while he started moving in to the garage and crawling around. Not knowing what all might be on the garage floor, gas from the car, bug killer ect. I decided to move him out to the grass and close the garage door. Two seconds after doing so I relazed, CRAP! Everything ( garage door opener, cell phone ect) is now in the garage, and jack and I are now locked out of the house!!! OMG!! At this point I realize that Jacks bottle of cold water is outside ( good!!!) and so is my cold drink ( also good!!). Now I just have to figure out how to get us back in the house. I pick up Jack and start walk around the house trying to find a window that is unlocked. I find one and start trying to pry the screen off. At this point Jack is getting up-set because he has no idea what is going on. After trying to get the screen off for a few minutes with no luck, I decide to go to a few neighbors houses to see of I can use their phone to call Rob to come save us! We have three other stay-at-home moms on our street, I thought surely one of them will be home. Well, no such luck. Now the temps are starting to heat-up, Jack has a full diaper and I am starting to panic a little. I decide that one way or another the dam screen is coming off the window. I give Jack some water and calm him down (and myself) and start working on the screen again. FINALLY the freaking thing pops off, and am able to push open the window and crawl in....UGH! At the end I was very proud of myself, and relieved!

No comments:

Post a Comment