Friday, July 30, 2010

Four Months!


Ouch!
About a month after I gave birth to Jack, I got an infection in my breast call mastitis. For any moms out there who have not had this---you are SO lucky! It is caused by cracked nipples which allow bacteria into your breast tissues that then cause the milk ducts in your breast to get infected and backed up . Oh the joys of breast feeding/pumping! Well, it basically feels like someone ran over your breast with an 18-wheeler. It hurts like hell and your breast gets very swollen. During this time you also have to continue feeding/pumping which also hurts like hell! Have I mentioned how much I hate both of these things!

WELL, I got it again. A few days ago I noticed there was a whole in the tube of my pump. Worried that I would not get all my milk out because of this I decided to pump extra--and then once my new tubing came in I would just go back to my normal schedule---NOT smart!! Luckily, I knew what it was this time and got on antibiotics really fast- but it still was very uncomfortable. I am very much looking forward to the day that my body is solely mine again- and not a food factory!

Sleeping through the night!!! Haaa :)
That's right, our little boy is sleeping all the way through the night now!! GO Jack! We have a wonderful night time routine, of bath around 6:30, play until 7:30, evening walk in our new BOB!! And then bottle, change and, bed by 9- 9:30 . Jack also does a great job of putting himself to sleep! We give our goodnight kisses and turn on his mobile and in about 15 minutes and he is out like a light!! I am so proud of his bed-time success! Now if I could just drop the pumping- and get to sleep through the night as well!


The BOB!
A few weeks ago we decided it was time to take the plunge and buy a BOB stroller. They are not cheap, but I knew it would be a great investment that we can use for many years to come! We have taken it on many walks and already love it! We still have our Graco stroller which will still use for the mall and inside areas.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on having a little one that sleeps through the night!! That is huge!

    Glad you love your BOB too. We use ours all the time...worth every penny in my book.

    ReplyDelete