Saturday, March 19, 2011

First hair cut!

On March 18th Jack got his first hair cut. I use the word first loosely because Jack has had a few very small trims here at home. This was his first true, all out, professional hair cut! I had been searching for a place for awhile as I found out that the guy I go to does not feel comfortable cutting kids hair. As he put it, "they tend to move around a lot", and he was very worried that with his very sharp scissors he might cut Jack.
I had heard great reviews on a place called the Hairs Lair. It is located in the 26 Doors shopping center across from Seton Hospital, for those of you Austin people. It's this tiny, cute, little "hole-in-the-wall" place, that has one lady that just cuts kids hair. They have tiny chairs just for the kids, and toys everywhere! I was very nervous on our drive over, but once we got there and saw how laid back the place was, and I quickly become relaxed, which I'm sure allowed Jack to relax and play with all the toys they had. The lady was AMAZING to say the least. The whole time she was cutting jacks hair she handed him different toys to keep his attention. If she needed him to look down , she would give him a toy that caused him to do so, ect. He did fantastic, and the whole experience was great!



Getting relaxed in the chair


Checking out his stylist!



Sitting so still! Such a big boy!!











My whole family came to see me get my first hair cut!

1 comment:

  1. Cade got his 1st haircut this weekend. He went to go see my stylist!! I was really nervous since he is only 6 months old but he did get and she was nice enough to keep his 1st pieces for me. (the wine provided help relax this mommy). I felt like such a dork, here we are at the very upscale place on 6th street and I am brining in my baby. She even made his next appoitment in 6 weeks. I can't believe he is growing so fast.

    ReplyDelete